(c) to sell their own air transportation using their own transportation documents in the territory of
the other Party, in accordance with the laws and regulations of such other Party. Sales may be
executed directly or in the representative offices of the designated airlines, or through their
2. The competent authorities of each Party shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the
representative offices of the airlines designated by the other Party may exercise their activities in
an orderly manner.
3. The designated airlines of each Party shall have the right to sell, in the territory of the other
Party, air transportation and any person shall be free to purchase such transportation in the
currency of that territory or in freely convertible currencies of other countries in accordance with
the foreign exchange regulations in force.
CONVERSION AND TRANSFER OF REVENUES
1. Each Party shall grant to the designated airlines of the other Party the right of free transfer of
the excess of receipts over expenditures, earned by the airlines in the territory of the first Party
in connection with the carriage of passengers, baggage, cargo and mail, in any freely convertible
currencies in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations in force of the first Party.
2. Where a special agreement for the avoidance of double taxation with respect to taxes on
income and on capital exists between the Parties, the provisions of that agreement shall prevail.
CAPACITY AND FAIR COMPETITION
1. There shall be fair and equal opportunity for the designated airlines of both Parties to operate
the agreed services on the specified routes.
2. The total capacity to be provided on the agreed services by the designated airlines of the
Parties shall be agreed between and approved by the aeronautical authorities of both Parties.
II SÉRIE-A — NÚMERO 88_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________