1. In order to ensure close cooperation, the Parties shall consult with each other concerning the
implementation, interpretation, application, amendment or enforcement of this Agreement.
2. Such consultations, which may be through discussion or by correspondence, shall begin within
a period of sixty (60) days from the date one Party has received a written request from the other
Party, unless otherwise agreed.
SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
1. If any dispute arises between the Parties relating to the interpretation or application of this
Agreement, the Parties shall in the first place endeavor to settle it by negotiation.
2. If the Parties fail to reach a settlement by negotiation, they may agree to refer the dispute for
decision to some person or body. If they do not so agree, the dispute may at the request of either
Party be submitted for decision to an arbitral tribunal of three arbitrators, one to be nominated by
each Party and the third to be appointed by the two so nominated. Each of the Parties shall
nominate an arbitrator within a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt by either Party
from the other of a notice through diplomatic channels requesting arbitration of the dispute by
such a tribunal, and the third arbitrator shall be appointed within a further period of sixty (60)
days. In such case, the third arbitrator shall be a national of a third State and shall act as president
of the arbitral tribunal. If either of the Parties fails to nominate an arbitrator within the period
specified or if the third arbitrator is not appointed within the period specified, the President of the
Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization may be requested by either Party to
appoint an arbitrator or arbitrators as the case requires.
3. Each Party shall comply with any decision given, including any interim recommendation made
under paragraph 2 of this Article.
II SÉRIE-A — NÚMERO 88_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________