17 DE JULHO DE 2018 7
1. When any of the acts set forth in paragraph 1 of Article 1 has occurred or is about to occur, States Parties
shall take all appropriate measures to restore control of the aircraft to its lawful commander or to preserve the
commander’s control of the aircraft.”
Article 10, paragraph 1, of the Convention shall be replaced by the following:
1. States Parties shall afford one another the greatest measure of assistance in connection with criminal
proceedings brought in respect of the offences set forth in Article 1 and other acts set forth in Article 4. The law
of the State requested shall apply in all cases.”
The following shall be added as Article 10 bis of the Convention:
“Article 10 bis
Any State Party having reason to believe that one of the offences set forth in Article 1 will be committed shall,
in accordance with its national law, furnish any relevant information in its possession to those States Parties
which it believes would be the States set forth in paragraphs 1 and 2 of Article 4.”
1. All references in the Convention to “Contracting State” and “Contracting States” shall be replaced by “State
Party” and “States Parties” respectively.
2. All references in the Convention to “him” and “his” shall be replaced by “that person” and “that person’s”
The texts of the Convention in the Arabic and Chinese languages annexed to this Protocol shall, together with
the texts of the Convention in the English, French, Russian and Spanish languages, constitute texts equally
authentic in the six languages.
As between the States Parties to this Protocol, the Convention and this Protocol shall be read and interpreted
together as one single instrument and shall be known as The Hague Convention as amended by the Beijing
This Protocol shall be open for signature in Beijing on 10 September 2010 by States participating in the
Diplomatic Conference on Aviation Security held at Beijing from 30 August to 10 September 2010. After 27
September 2010, this Protocol shall be open to all States for signature at the Headquarters of the International
Civil Aviation Organization in Montréal until it enters into force in accordance with Article XXIII.
1. This Protocol is subject to ratification, acceptance or approval. The instruments of ratification, acceptance
or approval shall be deposited with the Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization, who is
hereby designated as the Depositary.