77 | II Série A - Número: 103 | 29 de Abril de 2014
regardless of their type, taking due account of the following:
a. Subject to further arrangements, motor vehicle registration information shall be fed into Portuguese national registration system and registration plates shall be issued accordingly. The Portuguese Republic shall facilitate this process by providing the necessary equipment and/or access to appropriate systems and locations.
b. Before issuing any registration plate to privately owned motor vehicles and trailers, an Allied Headquarters shall ensure that Portuguese requirements related to mandatory motor vehicle insurance, taxexemptions, and customs clearance are met by the owner. c. An Allied Headquarters shall upon request inform Portuguese customs and traffic authorities of all data related to import, customs clearance, and registration of official and privately owned motor vehicles and trailers.
3. If a Supreme Headquarters deems it essential for security reasons and as a force protection measure, the Portuguese Republic shall issue cover registration plates to official motor vehicles and trailers, and privately owned motor vehicles and trailers, as requested by an Allied Headquarters. The use of cover registration plates shall not be understood as a voluntary waiver of entitlements and immunities set up in Articles 7 and 17 of this Supplementary Agreement.
4. Registration and registration plates shall be provided free of charge for official motor vehicles and trailers, whereas Portuguese registration of and issuance of registration plates for privately owned motor vehicles and trailers, and of cover registration plates, shall be provided at actual cost only.
5. Nothing in this Article shall be understood to contradict or impede the rights afforded to a sending State under the Agreement, Article XI, to temporarily import and re-export service vehicles on the conditions and subject to the documentation stipulated in the Agreement. Article 29 Military clubs, travel concessions, and sport facilities
The Portuguese Republic shall grant members and dependents access to military amenities and clubs, travel concessions and discounts, and sport facilities at the conditions as those available to members of the Portuguese Armed Forces and their dependents.
Article 30 Medical and dental services
1. Pursuant to the Agreement, Article IX, paragraph 5, the Portuguese Republic shall permit members and their dependents to receive medical and dental care, including hospitalization, on terms established or to be agreed between the Portuguese Republic and the Allied Headquarters or the sending States, as appropriate. 2. The Portuguese Republic shall take all necessary measures to ensure that procedural provisions exist to prevent delay or denial of such care by reason of lack of Portuguese personal or identification number, registration or other proof of status normally used by Portuguese citizens.
3. Access to the health services of the Portuguese Armed Forces should also be guaranteed on terms established or to be agreed between the Ministry of Defence of the Portuguese Republic and the Allied Headquarters.
Article 31 Educational services
1. Members and their dependents shall be granted access to education and kindergartens, including Portuguese language instruction, provided by Portuguese authorities (including regional, municipal authorities and the like), under the same conditions and subject to the same course fees as applicable to comparable Portuguese citizens.